How to create a flight plan on the DJI remote controller.
Please refer to the explanations below.
In preparation of a drone flight we need to draw a flight plan.
The photogrammetry process requires sufficient overlap in the zone that is to be surveyed to assure the required quality.
Creating a flight plan on the DJI controller compared to a .KML file
- You don't need extra tools/software to create a flight plan
- You don't need to import the flight plan
- Difficult on small controller screen (size of smartphone)
- Lower accuracy of waypoints compared to flight plan in .KML file (Google Earth Pro) and therefore difficult to keep exact distances from objects for safety regulations, personal preference,..
1. Select 'plan'.
2. Select '2D Photogrammetry'.
3. Create polygon for flight by clicking on the preferred borders.
4. Change settings if needed (this will be elaborated on in the next step).
5. Select 'Save'.
6. Choose a task name.
7. Select 'Confirm'.
8. You are all set!
If you would rather see the video version, watch it below:
Please sign in to leave a comment.