How to do flight with Real Time Kinematic (RTK).
Please refer to the explanations below.
When flying with RTK, your pictures are being corrected immediately, eliminating the need to have the SC Edge logging correction data.
You can calculate a 3D point cloud with the pictures coming straight from the DJI Phantom 4 RTK.
An RTK flight doesn’t require a lot of set-up but depending on your location, the NTRIP account from your local GNSS authority can be a free or paid subscription.
Overview RTK properties:
- Immediate satellite corrections to the drone pictures
- SIM card has to be installed in drone controller
- SC Edge doesn’t need to be set up at the jobsite
- NTRIP subscription needed to local GNSS authority (extra cost in most countries)
1. Insert the RTK SIM card into the drone controller.
2. Switch on the drone and drone controller.
3. Enter NTRIP account credentials on drone controller.
- 3.1 Select 'Fly'.
- 3.2 Select the three dots to open the menu.
- 3.3 Select 'RTK'.
- 3.4 Swipe down to fill in the credentials.
- 3.5 Fill in the credentials on the screen
- 3.6 Select ‘Connect’.
- 3.7 Your 'Custom network RTK status' is now connected.
Swipe down to check the details of the connection and swipe back up.
- 3.8 Switch toggle on to activate the 'Aircraft RTK positioning'.
- 3.9 Your drone is now connected!
Please sign in to leave a comment.